Call for abstracts
Please consider submitting a poster abstract for the Junior (graduate students and postdocs)
Researchers’ session in the upcoming Great Plains Catalysis Society Fall Online Symposium to be held on
September 17th, 2021.
This year, we will showcase research from junior researchers in a modified poster presentation format
which will include all of the following elements: a) a poster in pdf format; b) a 3-minute pre-recorded
video presentation (except for poster award winners) in the mp4 format describing briefly the main points of your work (or a 10-min live Zoom presentation for Poster Award winners); and c) a live Zoom Q&A session for all poster authors.
The deadlines for poster materials submission are:
1) Poster abstract document submission deadline (Poster abstract Word template): July 9th.
2) Accepted abstracts notification: by July 23rd.
3) Poster pdf file submission deadline (Poster Power Point template): August 13th
4) Three-minute pre-recorded video presentation deadline (Link to sample mp4 video and Power
Point presentation template, and instructions will be sent to authors of accepted abstracts):
5) Please submit all requested poster materials to: GPCS.Symposium@gmail.com
6) The organizing committee will select by July 23rd Poster Award winners who will open the
morning sessions with a 10-min live presentation
* Must be a current GPCS member without dues
* Poster abstract submitted before deadline
* Letter of self-nomination (1 page and no more than 500 words) indicating why the researcher
deserves the award and the importance and impact of the work to the catalysis field
* A biosketch (Biosketch fillable pdf file in GPCS website)
Looking forward to your participation in this GPCS Fall 2021 Online Symposium!
Junior Researcher Poster Presentation Session
Great Plains Catalysis Society Fall 2021 Online Symposium